Defraggler isn't even defragmenting.

Koldy

It's literally just saying that defragmentation is complete, instantly. Occasionally, it will defragment one file or two, then complete. I've turned off the benchmark after defragmenting, as it was throwing me off.

This has been happening for weeks. Affects all drives. I've run in Safe Mode with the same result. I've also had it disable VSS and used the custom fragmentation settings to no avail. Checked the drvies, there are no errors.

I just ran it without moving the large files to end of drive, and it seemed to run fine. I aborted it early, because those large files, especially on this drive, are perfectly safe to be at the end of the drive, and I'd rather them there. When using the option to move them to the end of the drive, I have toggled the option for "do not apply minimum file size to custom file/folders on and off, no real change. Though, after running it with "move large files to end of drive" OFF, aborting, then running with it back on, it seems to actually defrag a little longer. Maybe 5-10 files.

I've reinstalled the program as well.

Here's a video of what it's doing the majority of the time:

Okay I have been playing with this and it seems to work fine for me.  Fresh install of DF, the only settings I changed were: Enabled Move Large Files, Minimum file size 10 MB, Enabled Move only selected files, disabled everything except my test: *.exe

With the above files were moved to the end, before I stopped the defrag it had 2 hours left as an estimate.

Can you provide any additional info about your setup or send the ini file of your settings so i can load them on my test machine and see what happens.  Thanks.

• 2 months later...

I know this is old, but I had the same issue. The difference was having only selected files/folders checked vs unchecked. With move large files checked, but the specifier unchecked, defrag would "complete" without doing anything... maybe a file or two. With the specifier checked, defrag was fine. Hopefully that's helpful.