Deafraggler doesn't move and optimize some folders on FAT32 Volume

I have made defragmentation of a FAT32 volume from a WinXPmini using Defraggler.v2.18.0.945.x86.

I did defragmentation and free space optimization several times, but at the end, there are lots of folders, that are left fragmented and spread over free space. Please explain why does this happen and how the fix this and finally defragment the folders? (Circled on the screens)

post-69842-0-48721500-1404051116_thumb.jpg

post-69842-0-43337200-1404051133_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

A quick Google brings up many comments that directories in FAT32 cannot be moved - and thus defragmented - using the Windows defrag API. Perhaps a Defragler user can confirm this?

• Moderators

Aren't you a part of defraggler developer's team?

I wish - or perhaps not. I'm just some poor sap sitting in front of an old pc in my spare room with slightly more privileges than other board members.

Defraggler is a free product with a self-help forum, but you can of course purchase support from Piriform. Or plough though some of those Google hits.

You see, i'm not looking for a support from Piriform and of course i won't purchase it. I want to contact with developers and report a bug and want to get bugfix.

Can you help me to contact them - email, or something?

• Moderators

As there are many, many hits on Google saying that you can't defrag a FAT directory using the Windows API, and there is no defragger under Windows that does this, I don't consider this a bug.

As I'm repeating what I said in post two, I don't think I can add any more to this thread.

And, if I may, since the developers read all the posts in this topic, they know about it by now. 

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.