"Error writing temporary file. Make sure your temp folder is valid."

Hi. The new update for me will NOT install; I get this NSIS error:

What is this and how can I fix it? I searched the forums, but I didn't find anything, unfortunately...I downloaded it twice, as well. And, yes, I definitely have these folders:

C:\Users\My Profile\AppData\Local\Temp

C:\Windows\Temp

Thanks!

~Ibrahim~

You need admin rights to run the installer. The fact that you get that specific error can actually mean that the installer runs with really limited user rights and the installer doesn't even have the right to write in the temp folder.

Welcome to Piriform Ibrahim.

Hi. The new update for me will NOT install; I get this NSIS error:

C:\Users\My Profile\AppData\Local\Temp

C:\Windows\Temp

You need admin rights to run the installer.

You obviously trying to install on Vista and as TheOdds says you need admin right to install CC. If you have rights on your own computer install it on there and copy the CCleaner folder to a USB flash drive and run it from there on any computer you want too. I do that ay work because they won't install it anymore. If you want to use the same settings as your computer then use the Options\Advanced - Save all settings to INI file. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Welcome to Piriform Ibrahim.

You obviously trying to install on Vista and as TheOdds says you need admin right to install CC. If you have rights on your own computer install it on there and copy the CCleaner folder to a USB flash drive and run it from there on any computer you want too. I do that ay work because they won't install it anymore. If you want to use the same settings as your computer then use the Options\Advanced - Save all settings to INI file. ;)

Right, sorry, forgot to mention that: Vista Ultimate 64-bit. I have a separate OS partition, if that matters?

Well, you see, my account is an administrator account!

Oh. Well, I knew I could do that, but I didn't want to have to; are there no solutions, then?

~Ibrahim~

• 2 years later...

I am getting this same error. I am the administrator and I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. The program I'm trying to download is the AT&T Troubleshoot and Resolve Tool. Microsoft directs me to a page about Vista when I go to their support site. Which is no help at all. Hoping someone can assist me. Thanks.

• Moderators

The program I'm trying to download is the AT&T Troubleshoot and Resolve Tool. Microsoft directs me to a page about Vista when I go to their support site. Which is no help at all. Hoping someone can assist me. Thanks.

Probably not, as this is a support forum for Piriform Software.

I suggest you try the AT&T support forum ...

http://forums.att.com/

As this is a resurrected two year old thread, I'll close it.

Good luck.