CCleaner interferes with LastPass Plugin on Chrome

deetorch

Ran CCleaner Registry cleaner (version 3.20.1750 64 bit) earlier this morning. It made the Lastpass plugin malfunction/unuseable... would click on the plugin shortcut in chrome and it would not allow me to access the login fields. Reinstalled lastpass multiple times without any luck. On reinstall the lastpass plugin icon in chrome doesn't show up...And is not listed in extensions under tools.

Unfortunately I did not do a reg backup......I've used ccleaner for probably 5 years.....and Never, never had an issue like this.

What are my options now?

please look into this one for us

Thanks for the great program

yeah I think it may be just with chrome's lastpass.... firefox, safari, and internet exp last pass seem to be working

I just tried installing lastpass from within the browser (rather than from .exe file)

get this error:

extension install failure

attempted to downgrade extension

almost certain this is from ccleaner registry clean

any suggestions?

• Moderators

for registry section cleaning my one and only suggestion is only remove individual items you KNOW are no longer needed.

however I believe you'll probably actually find the culprit in either cookies (perhaps flash) or chrome sessions.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Well in the end I'm not actually sure it was ccleaner reg clean at fault,

tried a couple old lastpass versions and finally tried lasspass install just for chrome (linked below). This finally got it installed and working again. Not sure what the issue was.

https://lastpass.com/releases/?a=1 (old and new versions)

LastPass for Chrome 2.0.9 this is what ended up working for me in chrome

• 1 year later...

Was there ever an answer to this issue?  I have used both CCleaner and Chrome for years and never had this issue until the last few months. If I run just the Cleaner (not the Registry cleaner) it removes my LastPass Chrome extension. I end up having to reinstall LastPass... things are good up until I run CCleaner again. If I knew what option to uncheck from the Cleaner list to keep it from removing LastPass I would just do that as a workaround. I will say nothing I have checked looks like it should be removing the extension/app from Chrome. If anyone has had the same issue and figured out a way to fix it let me know because any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

• Moderators

Sounds more like the chrome bug in ccleaner which was squashed in this month's update to ccleaner 4.10. do you still experience this issue in that version?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com