TEMP Files

LoneGeek

• Moderators

This is an usual place for a temp folder, i'm not sure I've seen it on my machines, however you can add this (or any other) folder to be emptied (or even removed) in the ccleaner includes/excludes options.

Or to have a separate entry you can make a winapp2 entry for it (instructions on winapp2 in my signature)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

it's not part of my Win8 system, but I did already have the INCLUDE for it.

%UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Temp\

so it must have been back in XP or Win7 days.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

I'm using win 7...I have worked on several pc's and they are always filled with tons of crap in the "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp" folder and ccleaner always misses it. Thanks for the info to include special folders, but why doesn't ccleaner delete it by default?

• Moderators

can't answer that one sorry.

the inner workings of CC are a mystery to us mere forum members, and same to Mods too for that matter.

the Devs do see these posts so if you are lucky, one may chime in and enlighten you - but it's very rare. :)

I went through a stage when I first used CC where I would run those competitors software to discover what areas they covered that CC didn't just to add them as INCLUDES into CC.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

Some software will create Temp folders and files outside of areas that just aren't the norm or even logical to those of us that like a clean system.

That's why there's the Suggestions forum to easily notify of new areas to clean, that way either Piriform can add them into the default CCleaner setup for everyone to benefit from, or someone will create a winapp2.ini cleaning routine for them.

Other strange areas some software either during setup or when running will create a Temp folder are in:

* %allusersprofile%\Temp

* %userprofile%\Temp

* %Documents%\Temp (aka "%userprofile%\My Documents\Temp", "My Documents/Temp")

I have for some time the temp-folder with included in the cleaning. there was once a forum topic, as it was generally to the temp-folder. that's been a few years with my xp. since then I always add the temp-folder in the cleaning. at least those which I find :)

927fd1-1432545299.jpg

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"