Microsoft Spartan/Edge browser

spelbynder

Hi, just wondering if any of you clever folk have come up with a cleaning path/paths for the Spartan browser? :)

Windows 7 - Office 2010 - Internet Explorer 9

All better than the versions preceding them :D

• 1 month later...

CCleaner worked (and worked well) on Project Spartan thru Win 10 build 10130.  But last week when 158,169 and finally 162 came out the named changed to Edge (as programmed) and CCleaner 5.07.5261 does not see Edge files.  How soon before an update to encompass Edge cleaning?

• Moderators
CCleaner worked (and worked well) on Project Spartan thru Win 10 build 10130.  But last week when 158,169 and finally 162 came out the named changed to Edge (as programmed) and CCleaner 5.07.5261 does not see Edge files.  How soon before an update to encompass Edge cleaning?

Officially no parts of Windows 10 are supported, beyond temporary experimentals, until windows 10 is released; for the exact reason that Microsoft may change thing between builds, as you've now discovered. Realistically the next build of ccleaner should (I'm guessing here, and have no official knowledge) work with the build of Windows you are using. It is likely, that, though, until the September version of ccleaner (late august release), CCleaner will have issues in one or more parts of Windows 10.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Not my experiments. I'm just a nobody user like you. The moderator badge just means I sweep up spam.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com