Ccleaner does not open

wps8633

I do not know what happened, I use ccleaner to give an optimized on the computer at least once a week.

It does not open more, when I run, with two clicks, enter, opening as administrator to the mouse is as busy and nothing happens. I auditioned to open in compatibility mode and nothing well.

Already open the task manager and do not open any process.

I read on some forums that may be some kind of virus. But occurs only with CCleaner.

Uninstalled CCleaner with RevoUnistaller, restarted the computer and started to scan with Windows Defender, Spybot and MalwaresBytes. Did not find anything.

I downloaded the latest version by official site, portable version, until even alternative versions and none worked. I tried to use similar programs to CCleaner to fix registry and also had no effect.

I was on windows update, did all the updates indicated, restarted the computer, tried to re-install and also had no result.

I recovered the windows through the restoration point, re-installed ccleaner and nothing well.

The only other software I've installed was some developer tools for Java and ANDROID. And the software for virus check after the discovery of the problem. Overall I am doing so pdf download, using the Internet for social networking.

anyone ever had similar problem, know how to solve, a different procedure from that already quoted to indicate?

thanks

• Moderators

What operating system are you running?

If you are using a 64bit version of Windows can you try renaming ccleaner64.exe to something else.

Some people report that works for them.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=43460&do=findComment&comment=261673

and

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=43533

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

and just to round out your already extensive testing, try to run CC with the PC in Safe Mode.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Windows 8.1 64 bits

I changed the 64-bit file name and actually returned to work. thx so much.

the funny thing was that the first record of error was something ccleaner. pity that other software were not able to solve. I will try to return to the default name as I read the link on posting the comment you recommended.
SOLVED :D

What is the problem behind this? Why do we need to rename the file?

When i rename the 64.exe, it works. I run the cleaner, and when i rename it back, it doesn't work again.

Only a renamed file works at the moment. Some registry error?