Processing aborted due to: The handle is invalid.

Dok

I've been trying to defrag my two external drives with no success. If I hit benchmark drive, I get the error in the title. If I hit analyze or defrag, I get "Cannot perform operation. Operation will be canceled. Drive may be read only."

The two drives are 2TB drives. One is a Seagate while the other is a Western Digital. I'm able to read/write from/to each (tested by moving a folder from one to the other without issue) so I'm fairly certain that the drives are not read only. What else could cause this? 

*Note* I've successfully used defraggler on one of these drives previously on other workstations but have not been able to get it working on this one. I'm trying other resources currently to see if there are some settings on the computer itself but nothing is adding up. I'm just wondering what else could cause Defraggler to output these errors.

Edit/Update:

I've been able to use defragger on the drives while in safe mode. This means that some program is causing the issues. I'll go ahead and call this solved at this point.