CCleaner for Android

Winapp2.ini

The blog post about CCleaner for Android is currently the top post on the Android Subreddit.

That being said; there is a lot of confusion in the comments. Many of the commenters are hoping that CCleaner for Android will not include a "taskkiller" type of function, as these are useless on android 4.0+ (and their merit is debatable on 2.2+ anyway)

Can one of the devs comment as to whether or not some sort of "RAM Freer" function will be present?

Edit: Follow-up question: Would there be capacity (or a requirement) for Root privileges to clean the root directory?

Edited by Winapp2.ini

• Moderators

Many of the commenters are hoping that CCleaner for Android will not include a "taskkiller" type of function, as these are useless on android 4.0+ (and their merit is debatable on 2.2+ anyway)

Info about why it's not a good idea here

http://www.howtogeek.com/127388/htg-explains-why-you-shouldnt-use-a-task-killer-on-android/

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Which is why the commenters (and myself!) would not like to see such a thing included.

My instinct tells me it wouldn't be, since that's not what CCleaner is all about, but a confirmation would be nice.

I'll have to agree.

Some reddit commentors have said the same. Taskkillers are quite useless as Android can manage itself well.

i hope, it works on android 2.2 :-)

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

can this ccleaner-version downloaded on your site when its done? or only on the android market?

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

I beg to slightly differ ... I also thought that task killers are pointless in Android environment exactly due to the reasons described in the how-to-geek article linked in this thread. Moreover I had assured myself about this fact because I have used a few task killers in the past and honestly all were causing me troubles until I installed a one cleaner recently (I don't state its name purposely because I don't want to breach forum rules). This cleaner is a very smart as far as task killer is concerned because it has included a whitelist where all the tasks/services important for the smooth and uninterrupted run of Android are excluded. The whitelist, though, is compiled by developers and you cannot add or remove an item. However to their credit, the task killer indeed doesn't cause any problems like crashes, mysterious reboots etc. You can set the auto kill function when screen goes off what I did and to my big surprise it greatly extended battery life, almost doubled time. I don't want to pay a tribute to this cleaner because I love CCleaner and believe that its Android version will be superior. I just wanted to say that now I am not completely rejecting opinion that task killers are nonsense. It seems that if task killers are gentle/smart and correctly built they can have in certain degree some pros.

Acer TravelMate P645-MG, Intel Core i7 4500U 1,8GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3GHz, 12GB RAM, SSD 256GB, AMD Radeon HD 8750M with 2GB, Windows Pro 64 8.1

If you have ROOT, you should check out Greenify, it's a bit like a task killer but works in a different way. It stops apps from running background processes unless you're actively using them. I believe it's main purpose is for battery longevity, rather than performance.

If you have ROOT, you should check out Greenify, it's a bit like a task killer but works in a different way. It stops apps from running background processes unless you're actively using them. I believe it's main purpose is for battery longevity, rather than performance.

No, I don't have ROOT on my device and because you named another competitor, I won't hesitate to say that I meant Clean Master (Cleaner).

Acer TravelMate P645-MG, Intel Core i7 4500U 1,8GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3GHz, 12GB RAM, SSD 256GB, AMD Radeon HD 8750M with 2GB, Windows Pro 64 8.1

OK. So following my good experience with the said cleaner I vote for a task killer being incorporated in CCleaner for Android.

In any case, when it's released, we'll know :lol:

When it's released I will have hopes and fears.

Only after Installation will I know.

Before there was the Internet I learnt to count chickens after they were hatched :P

• 2 weeks later...

im going to get this thing :-)

so my battery lives longer

hi fans :)

Clean Master

i have it downloaded on my pc and installed on my mobile (handy) - very nice

but i hope, i have ccleaner in next time B)

we are also there :) in the same rubric stev51

• Moderators

Probably shouldn't be saying this... oh well. I have been using Clean Master for sometime now. Can't wait to see what ccleaner is like.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key