New Erase Entries!

SMalik

Windows 7/Vista Files/Folders

Wipe all the files and subfolders C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\CrashDumps\

Wipe the file C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT

Wipe the file C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\IconCache.db

Wipe all the files and subfolder C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Feeds Cache\

Wipe all the files and subfolder C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore\

Wipe all the files C:\Users\User\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content\

Wipe all the files C:\Users\User\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData\

Wipe all the files and subfolder C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\UserData\

Windows 7/Vista Registry

Delete all the subkeys and values

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig\PropertyStore]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\PageSetup]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Zoom]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Action Center]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\BitBucket]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CD Burning]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32]]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Cached]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Persisted]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\DragDrop]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\RunDLl32Policy]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RADAR\HeapLeakDetection\DiagnosedApplications]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RADAR\HeapLeakDetection\ReflectionApplications]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\AppCompatCache]

Delete the value "AppCompatCache".

• Moderators

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

New Erase Entries!

<SNIP>

Saad2011, I believe you misunderstood me. You need to read the link and create (and test) entries before posting in that topic. Not just paste this topic into it. On top of that I don't find most of your suggestions to be suitable for removal as junk.

For instance

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software seems to hold many items which seem needed.

Maybe you'd like to make a case for some of the entries but I'm not seeing why you feel they are junk.

As well many of the items you list are already cleaned by either CCleaner by default or via the Winapp2.ini file (for example C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\IconCache.db

[icon Cache*]
LangSecRef=3002
Default=true
FileKey1=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data|IconCache.db
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%|IconCache.db

is in the Winapp2.ini file already

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I misunderstood. I am sorry. I'll follow the instructions you provided. Thank you.

By removing the registry sections listed here will reset all the folders view to default and also it will delete Mui Cache. I have tested this on Windows Vista and Windows 7 32-bit.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\MuiCache

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\MuiCache

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software

You are right %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data|IconCache.db is in the Winapp2.ini file.

Thanks again.

Saad2011, I believe you misunderstood me. You need to read the link and create (and test) entries before posting in that topic. Not just paste this topic into it. On top of that I don't find most of your suggestions to be suitable for removal as junk.

For instance

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software seems to hold many items which seem needed.

Maybe you'd like to make a case for some of the entries but I'm not seeing why you feel they are junk.

As well many of the items you list are already cleaned by either CCleaner by default or via the Winapp2.ini file (for example C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\IconCache.db

[icon Cache*]
LangSecRef=3002
Default=true
FileKey1=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data|IconCache.db
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%|IconCache.db

is in the Winapp2.ini file already