Delete Registry Value

KAG

Good Day: Everytime I do a Registry Clean with CCleaner-Piriform and I click "Fix All Issues," at the end I receive a message to "Delete Registry Value." I have looked everywhere to find out how to do this. Can anyone explain (in layman terms) how to "Delete Registry Value." Thx Kindly.

• 3 weeks later...

The solution to fixing the problem is to delete the registry item. Click Fix Issue and you are done.

kR6MY.jpg

I keep doing this, and am told all items are fixed. Then I run the registry scan again, and the same entry keeps showing up. I have tried to manually delete it as the system administrator privliges, all to no avali! Here is what I am talking about!

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{F0E3A5D7-80C7-4228-90FE-61DF01C417A5}

r

If anybody can help, it would be much appreciated!

The solution to fixing the problem is to delete the registry item. Click Fix Issue and you are done.

kR6MY.jpg

I keep doing this, and am told all items are fixed. Then I run the registry scan again, and the same entry keeps showing up. I have tried to manually delete it as the system administrator privliges, all to no avali! Here is what I am talking about!

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{F0E3A5D7-80C7-4228-90FE-61DF01C417A5}

r

If anybody can help, it would be much appreciated!

sorry for maybe little offtopic, dont kill me, just dont wanted to star new topic for this question as you`re talking about issues and fixes

One simple question for all you guys, how does CC know for any issue that is an issue, that is meant to be fixed, and what he exacly is doing in fixing it..? deleting, modifying..? I`m asking because after installing fresh copy of windows and installing some one or two programs, after starting registry scan in CC actually there is always some issue, how is that possible?

sorry for maybe little offtopic, dont kill me, just dont wanted to star new topic for this question as you`re talking about issues and fixes

One simple question for all you guys, how does CC know for any issue that is an issue, that is meant to be fixed, and what he exacly is doing in fixing it..? deleting, modifying..? I`m asking because after installing fresh copy of windows and installing some one or two programs, after starting registry scan in CC actually there is always some issue, how is that possible?

Some items are necessary only for program install, therefore can be removed afterward.

Some keys are locked down so tight that System Administrator is NOT enough.

I had a solid block of 2000 registry keys from on old version of Firewall,

and the update tried to delete them but they were stuck solid.

I needed special effort with Regedit to "Take Ownership" of a big set of keys before I could clean up,

and I was out of my depth so only risked it with an ERUNT registry backup and an Acronis Partition Image with Boot CD all ready to go.

I found Regseeker would delete and tell me it was deleted - but XP had failed to obey its commands.

I now am able to easily zap any set of registry keys that I wish,

but my method is lethal to Windows if I misfire.

I strongly suggest you start with Regedit and try to delete with that.

You will probably find that the O.S. will disobey you just as it disobeyed CCleaner.

If you can delete what CCleaner fails to delete, please report in the Bug Forum

RegEdit allows you to take ownership but it involves giving correct answers to non-obvious questions.

Do not give best guesses if you are unable to live with painful consequences.

It will be safer to accept Kroozer' advice and exclude.

• Moderators

Not all entries can or SHOULD be removed just because they appear in the ccleaner. Those you point out most likly are related to your security product. Please read my signature and follow them advises

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com