Deleting/overwriting

mirbat

Hi many thanks. When I do a deep scan pictures are recovered. I have tried to overwrite them and am told they are gone for every. Nothing happened when I select overwrite from the options,  the picture reappears. Sometimes the overwrite option IS greyed out.

• Moderators

When you do a deep scan a list of files is produced. Recovery is a separate process, which I assume you have done.

'I have tried to overwrite them and am told they are gone for ever.' They will be if you press Yes. Did you?

'Nothing happened when I select overwrite from the options,' Selecting the overwrite method in Options won't do anything. You have to right click on the file list and select Secure Overwrite.

When a deleted picture has been overwritten by another live picture, Recuva will show that picture. You can ask to overwrite it and go through the overwrite process, but it won't be overwritten and the picture will still be shown.

The only time I've experienced the overwrite button being greyed out is when I have selected Show Non-Deleted Files and have tried to overwrite a live file,