ZoneMaps in XP registry and password

molasses

I am just a regular home user, not associated with a business or anything.

There are a couple of feature requests I have for CCleaner.

Is it possible for CCleaner to have a registry setting which would check and delete the keys within the

ZoneMap\Domains

and

ZoneMap\EscDomains

Within Windows XP registry, a listing of all sites the computer has visited is located within some of these registry keys.

Such as

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\EscDomains

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\EscDomains

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\EscDomains

Also under the individual users, such as

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\EscDomains

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\EscDomains

And all the other HKEY_USERS under S-1-5, that may be on the individual computer, -20-, -21, -22, etc....

To totally clean a computer of any previous activity, these Domain Listings should be deleted.

The examples above were for a Win XP system.

On a Win7 machine, some of these locations may be under the registry of TypedURLs or DOMStorage, etc..

2. Is it possible to have a password option within the Options/Advanced Tab.

Something along the lines of having the Option, to password protect the Registry tab and or the Cleaner tab, or no passwords at all.

Plus make it sticky so you dont have to enter the PW multiple times during a single session.

2a. If password protection is possible, can the password be encrypted within the registry?

Such as how it is being done at:

http://technet.micro...ernals/bb963905

Thanks for maintaining such a fine product.

• Moderators

Some of those locations you list I would think would completely wipe out restricted websites people have on purpose placed into Internet Explorer to block, and surely also disrupt anti-spyware/anti-malware software such as SpywareBlaster.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of those locations you list I would think would completely wipe out restricted websites people have on purpose placed into Internet Explorer to block, and surely also disrupt anti-spyware/anti-malware software such as SpywareBlaster.

Yes, I did that once, had no idea what I was doing, and messed up the system. Don't remember the details, but it was difficult to fix. You are wise to ask first. :)

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.