Recovered data from my phone, need help locating text messages

lucasbroderick

So I followed the guide on an android forum for using Recuva to recover lost data from the internal memory of my Samsung Galaxy S3. Everything worked out great, and I now have a load of recovered data in a folder on my desktop.

My goal here is to recover some text messages from August of 2013. Some of the pictures that I saw on there are from before then, so I'm hoping there's a chance it's not overwritten.

My problem:
I have a ton of files on here that have weird extensions, I can't open them, and I'm not really even sure what to look for to get to these text messages, or get them into a readable format. Any help here is appreciated!

I sifted through, deleted all the old picture files. I'm left with some extensions like this: [see attachment 1]

Inside of the .zip files is this: [see attachment 2]

post-68641-0-39022100-1390703014_thumb.png

post-68641-0-58796500-1390703016_thumb.png

• Moderators

I looks like you wholesale recovered everything which would include everything besides storage/emulated (the non-rooted user accessible "phone" drive

These contents seem to include a number of file and file-fragments from an android system (typified by the file acebook as a pop file likely to be part of the facebook account sync)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I looks like you wholesale recovered everything which would include everything besides storage/emulated (the non-rooted user accessible "phone" drive These contents seem to include a number of file and file-fragments from an android system (typified by the file acebook as a pop file likely to be part of the facebook account sync)

Any idea or clues on if these files are accessible?

• Moderators

Those aren't the files you were looking for but the ones you want should be in there somewhere. Can you link us to the XDA thread so I can look into it a little more.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

Those aren't the files you were looking for but the ones you want should be in there somewhere. Can you link us to the XDA thread so I can look into it a little more.

Sure. This is the thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1994705

Modified slightly to work with the Samsung Galaxy S3 as per this video:

Some of the modifications, which from what you're saying might be the issue, was that they recovered data from mmcblk0p12. That only works for the Nexus. For my Galaxy S3, it's mmcblk0p15. I saw some people posting errors and that recovering from mmcblk0 works. So I recovered from mmcblk0. Maybe I should try again from mmcblk0p15?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

We often meet these awkward accidents in our daily lives. Mistakenly deleted important text messages that including meeting spot, dating time, etc. or sometime, Phone dropped down with all contact numbers missing. If you have saved the information on your mobile phone SD card, you are lucky, you can get them back for SD card doesn’t erase a file immediately once you deleted it. It just make vacant for subsequent file. Unless the space is overwritten by new data, your old deleted files like text message, contact number, etc. are still there and can be retrieved.

• Moderators

Threadcromancy ended