what random read speed results is everyone seeing using 'Benchmark Drive'?

LudoA

I was wondering what kind of random read speed others are seeing when executing 'Benchmark Drive'?

For me, the result is 1.30MB/s (with 19% fragmentation). This is awful of course, but I have no idea how Defraggler does the random read speed test, so maybe results are low for a lot of people.

Anyway, as such a number on itself doesn't say a lot without numbers to compare it to, I thought it'd be interesting if others posted their read speed as well, and the disk they're getting the results on.

This is on a Seagate ST9320423AS (a Momentus 7200.4 SATA 3Gb/s 320-GB disk), Windows 7 and version 2.08.373 of Defraggler.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have a pair of Seagate Barracuda 1000GB drives SATA II,

Both drives showed apparently slow figures of 3 - 5MB/s but following defrag figures for both moved up to 50 to 70MB/s.

Must admit I was intrigued more by how the DF (command line defrag) seems so much faster that the GUI version at carrying out a defrag, but then thats a different topic..

JonC

This was right after a File Defrag, so there was 0% fragmentation (excluding restore points and hibernates)... Lenovo T410 laptop, Intel i7, 8GB, Win7 Pro x64 SP1, Hitachi Travelstar 7K500 HTS725032A9A364, 320GB SATA.

Benchmark - 87.61 MB/s

Win10 Pro x64 Desktop (Speccy) - Win10 Pro x64 Laptop (Speccy)

• 5 years later...

I am observing inconsistencies between an initial benchmark and subsequent executions.  When opening Defraggler a benchmark is executed and the RRS (Random Read Speed) is 11.38 MB/s but the following five executions are an avg. of 17 MB/s.  1)  Why is there such a difference between the initial and any proceeding, and 2) why does the group of executions after the initial never have a dip like the initial?

Thank you.

Fellow Fraggler