TCPOptimizer

Tom AZ

I read a couple of references to TCPOptimizer on this forum. It sounded rather interesting so I downloaded it.

For those who use it, do you find it beneficial? Also, I was a bit confused about the "Connection Speed" setting in the "General Settings" tab. When I open the app, has the program actually determined that setting to be my connection speed -- or is that just a default setting position and it's up to me to actually set the speed? If by chance I need to set the speed, how do I determine that?

I followed the basic tutorial found on this great website. Even if I have a T1 connection, I had a noticeable speed increase in particular when it came to downloading and uploading after using the application.

Thanks for the link -- this is helpful. However, I'm still not quite sure how you determine the "connect speed." With my cable company (and most, I'm sure) they have different service packages and tiers. And, I suppose the modem and connection (USB or Ethernet) come into play as well. And, there may even be some other variables -- who knows??

Thanks for the link -- this is helpful. However, I'm still not quite sure how you determine the "connect speed." With my cable company (and most, I'm sure) they have different service packages and tiers. And, I suppose the modem and connection (USB or Ethernet) come into play as well. And, there may even be some other variables -- who knows??

You just have to set that to your advertised speed, ie the speed you ISP says you are on (or the speed you are paying for). So if you are on 1Mb you would set it to 1000Kbps, 2Mb would be 2000Kbps etc

In my experience TCP Optimiser doesn't usually guess it correctly so you will need to set it yourself. You'll also need to select the correct network adaptor in the dropdown list. I've never done any more than that, letting it select the optimal settings from there seems to do the trick.