CCleaner 5.01 GUI

Joe71

I've just installed the new CCleaner v5.01.5075 only to find myself having to go back to v4.19.4867 due to the god awful GUI.

According to the change log for v5.01.5075 it says:
v5.01.5075 (18 Dec 2014)
- New Disk Analyzer tool.
- Improved Firefox 34 cleaning. 
- Improved Opera History cleaning.
- Optimized Memory and CPU usage.
- Improved localization support.
- Minor GUI Improvements.
- Minor bug fixes.

I for one would like to know what these "Minor GUI Improvements" where as none of the issues raised in other threads with regards to the new GUI seem to have been covered, I myself suggested that a option to switch GUI's from new to old and vice versa should be introduced.

I hope this time Piriform listens to there customers and reinstates the old GUI in there next fix.
Until then I for one will stay with v4.19.4867.

Cheers 
Joe.

• Moderators

I hope this time Piriform listens to there customers and reinstates the old GUI in there next fix.

Until then I for one will stay with v4.19.4867.

Cheers

Joe.

The developers don't comment in the forum except for asking for more information, if needed, on actual bugs.

Also, it's "their" not "there" jus' sayin'

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I need to stay with 4.19 because the GUI of 5.01 is almost not readable and without clear separation of the options etc...

And I did not see any improvement on the GUI of 5.01. The colors are seriously whashed out and ugly.

4.19 and older are almost perfect in colors, clearity and easy to use.

Regards, Noedels.

As in other threads here relating to these matters I can only reiterate my huge disappointment at the ugly, inferior v.5 GUI.

No amount of tweaking is going to make it any more attractive - of course we want the CCleaner program updates and improvements but otherwise please just go back to old v.4 GUI and if you must make any changes, again please, keep it to the minimum. 

I just use CCleaner 4.17 and (moderated) free for nice eyecandy---very pleasing colors in their GUI.

If CCleaner does`nt change the GUI and give an option for disabling active monitoring on install, it`ll be (moderated) for me permanent.

• Moderators

This is an official forum, please don't mention competition products by name. I've taken the liberty to edit your post according to forum rules.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 3 weeks later...

Why did they bother with minor GUI improvements? It's still going to be terrible, so why waste the time. The only way to make it work is to do major changes, major as in another complete overhaul.

I have no problems with ccleaner except the new GUI.

I just installed the new 5.01 version of ccleaner and the GUI is TERRIBLE.  I will be reverting back to the just previous version.  I don't know who designed the new GUI but they are definitely NOT smarter that a 5th grader.