New to CCleaner, suggestion on how to use it

Lucky

Hi everyone. 

I got CCleaner in a package with Speccy that I had to download when I requested assistance on one Geek forum about my computer performance. That is sorted out with simple tweak in my computer settings. Now I have CCleaner on my Notebook and I am not even sure how to use it. 

Can I choose "Run cleaner" safely for all results that "Analyze" has given? (only checked default already checked boxes)

Also, my Notebook came with a lot of Acer bloatware. I have run Registry scan (didn't touch "Fix issues", just run the scan)

I see I have a lot of missing .dll files. I notice most of them are related to that bloatware I uninstalled few months ago. But for some of them I just don't know. I am complete layman to this. 

Please advise how to use or even should I use this tool.

Thank you for any help

Regards

Lucky

hi lucky,

in the normal case, you can omit the special Acer software.

the standard settings are safe, I think.

I personally dont take the registry cleaner.

ps: ultimately it comes down to your own wish...what you want to clean/delete.

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

Hi, Lucky, and welcome.  :)

First off, download CCleaner and Speccy from the official Piriform site: http://www.piriform.com/

Either verify the versions you have, or just uninstall them and reinstall the newer ones.

Always double check any software not from the official publisher's site. 

Although trium's "hands off" approach is safest, I would approach CCleaner and the registry cleaner a bit differently.

I never run any software using the default settings, but rather use a one step at a time approach.

Untick everything, then run each option when you understand what it does.

For the registry cleaner, only clean the parts you know to be safe, and remember where CCleaner put the backups. 

There is much information here:  http://www.piriform.com/docs

This is a sort of tedious approach, but in the end you have a good understanding of how to use CCleaner safely & effectively.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.