CClearner doesnt ask to run anymore

OscarRodriguez

When I installed ccleaner free version it used to ask me everytime, after 2 minutes of turning on my pc to run the program or not. Yesterday windows 8 asked me If I wanted to log in my pc using a local account(I was using outlook account to log in) so I changed to a local account. Not sure if that caused the problem but why doesnt it ask me to run anymore? it automatically runs while other program keep asking me.

Thank for the help guys!

• Moderators

Uhhh I misread this thread, my previous reply fixes the first issue, but I've no idea why windows would tell you to switch to a local account

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Uhhh I misread this thread, my previous reply fixes the first issue, but I've no idea why windows would tell you to switch to a local account

Is not like it forced me to do it but it told me something like this:

Recently you changed your outlook password(which I did); in order to keep you protected you must verify your password so I had to enter my new password in the window that showed up but I didnt see the option to introduce my password so I chose to change to a local password. Not worried about it anyways, where are your links to fix the first issue? thanks!

• Moderators

The first issue, as I see it, was ccleaner attempting to start itself. Is this correct?

There are two things at play here. The introduction of ccleaner's ability to monitor the system and browsers and clean them on a regular basis. If this (the starting up automatically) is unwanted, you need to go to options/Monitoring and uncheck all three checkmarks (ignore the ccleaner won't stay up-to-date warning on the third one)

If you do want monitoring, you probably want ccleaner's skipuac option checked.

Both of these things are on a per computer user basis. In changing to a local account you created a new computer user, thus what was set for the outlook account is not set for the now local (no longer tied to your microsoft account) account.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com