Invalid Image

gregrph

Hi, I used Recuva to scan for deleted photos. I was moving file folders around, trying to cleanup and organize them, I copied, pasted then deleted to folders after they were moved. In the process I deleted the folders that I wanted to keep. I realized this after about 8-10 hours when I went back to look at photos and did not see them where I expected them. I ran Recuva and saved the found files to a different drive. Many of the found files now say "Invalid Image" when I open them in Picassa.  I am now doing a deep scan that I am sure is going to take hours if not days. I have disconnected that system from the internet (pulled lan cable) and nothing else running. Not sure if there is a size limit or file # limit that the free version recovers? What is the difference between it and the paid version? Thanks!

• Moderators

file recovery difference between free and paid version is zero.

8 hours of drive use on those deleted photos probably equates to a bucket full of file corruption.

some image viewers have better luck at jumping over hurdles like corrupted image headers and such, try Irfanview which has been reported on similar threads here as having a good success rate in this type of situation.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.