Help please [Driver Wiper]

JaxBoy12345

• Moderators

It won't reinstall windows, is the bad news -- if it could be called that, as I'm not sure how any software would go about such a task. The good news is CCleaner won't let you do a full (not free space only) wipe on your windows drive (system drive, usually but not always, C drive)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

oh okay... thanks. my laptop is acting weird When I try to press restore to windows factory settings it doesn't work. I plugin a usb for the recovery drive (Enough for the memory) so whenever I plugin it in it says recovery. I have no clue whats going on.. I got it back from the company and apparently my harddrive was broken which I have no clue what happened. Thanks super much!!! ( I accidently posted this twice)  Ill find another program for it! :)

• Moderators

Maybe if you give some specific information, someone may help, but rattling on helps no one.

So are you blaming CC for breaking your hard drive?

Did you do the drive wipe process?

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

No im not blaming CCleaner. i love ccleaner and it works great. but what im saying it that my laptop i got back from were i sent it in they messed it up. i need to wiping the harddrive. Heres the story: One day my laptop went black. So i went to online support and they told me i need to send it back in because the hard drive was bad. I was confused because i havent even had this laptop for one year. so i sent it back in and i got it back in march 2014. then about in august my laptop audio stopped working and then my files were uncompatable. I was so confused so i tried to factory reset it but it said insert media. so i made a recovery drive and it still says your media is not correct. So i was just asking what would i do if i did the driveprocess.  

• 2 weeks later...