CCLEANER dosn't clean Google Chrome - Internet Cache, Internet History & Cookies

jmh741

System info, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1..Intel Core I7 CPU 860 @2.80GHz, 8.00 Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTS240.. Using CCLeaner v4.08, 4428 (64-bit)..                           For past 2 Weeks, CCleaner has Skipped cleaning of Google Chrome -  Internet Cache, Internet History and Cookies...can anyone assist of this issue..Thks,jmh741 

• Moderators

Chrome must be exited before ckeaning. If you are exiting chrome, it may be that chrome is be exiting completely.

Open task manager,

go to processes tab

Look for chrome.exe or plugin container

This is usually caused by 1 of a few things: Cloud Print, Settings Sync or a faulty plugin. It may also be that any chrome apps, or chrome app launcher are locking the needed files, so make sure those are also closed.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 9 months later...

I have the latest version of CCleaner and Windows 8.  I have the box checked in CCleaner to delete Chrome Internet Cashe, Internet History, and Cookies.  However, CCleaner will not delete these items.  I get a CCleaner message that these items are skipped.  Have tried everything but nothing works.  Any suggestions?

Upon further investigation, I found the problem.  In Chrome Advance Settings, a check mark was in the box "Continue running background applications when Google Chrome is closed."  I unchecked the box and CCleaner now deletes the above items.

• Moderators

Upon further investigation, I found the problem.  In Chrome Advance Settings, a check mark was in the box "Continue running background applications when Google Chrome is closed."  I unchecked the box and CCleaner now deletes the above items.

There's been a pinned topic about it for some time now.