Steam - An issue with your computer is blocking the VAC system

phem0r

Hello everyone

I've been experiencing the following issue for quite some time now - When playing CS:GO on Steam i get sporadically kicked from the Valve server i'm on with the following message "An issue with your computer is blocking the VAC system. You cannot play on secure servers."

You are given the following link with the error to - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2117-ILZV-2837

Now, i've tried everything on there multiple times without any luck. I trawled through the Steam forums and eventually found some people claiming the issue was CCleaner cleaning something that was in turn causing this issue, i didn't really believe this at first but i decided to uninstall CCleaner. This however didn't make any difference so i decided to completely format and reinstall Windows 7 64bit and write a list of anything i installed back onto my machine and tested for 2 weeks before installed anything else

You can probably see where this is going... - I just installed CCleaner earlier today, ran it after installation and played some CS:GO during the day without issue, so all good. Played some CS:GO this evening however and i received the same error i had received before.

For me, it is clearly something being cleaned by CCleaner that is causing this issue - CCleaner is even now listed by Steam and being conflicting software - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9828-SFLZ-9289

Is there any word from Piriform as to if there is a setting that should be un-ticked within CCleaner or if there is acknowledgement of there being an issue here?

I've attached my list of installed drivers, apps and games if anyone is interested. In CCleaner under Windows i had everything ticked apart from Wipe Free Space. Everything is ticked within Applications too and the Registry tab is default everything ticked

Thanks,

Allan

Installed apps and drivers.txt

In Ccleaner add the whole steam file to the "Exclude" list in Options, I had to do this as well.

There is also an option to have CCleaner clean up Steam in the "Application" tab under "Multimedia"  clear this check mark and your good to go. PeAcE

In Ccleaner add the whole steam file to the "Exclude" list in Options, I had to do this as well.

There is also an option to have CCleaner clean up Steam in the "Application" tab under "Multimedia"  clear this check mark and your good to go. PeAcE

Thanks for the reply, so that's literally all you had to do? Do you have everything else ticked like DNS Cache?