The Firefox/Mozilla Thread

nodles

• Moderators

A lot of the fixes are around wirking correctly with 10

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

if someone like me does not want to take with each update, but want to install only the advanced versions of ff ...

does it here just fine.

adressbar: chrome://mozapps/content/update/updates.xul --> paste and go

a3314b-1439509368.jpg

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Bad news, I used DownThemAll in the past when I was on dial-up, and then when I only had very slow 1.5mbps DSL.

What he's saying about it being another Chrome-clone I already have a partial sense of that with Firefox today instead of something down the line because Mozilla has really dumbed down stuff too much for those of us that like to tweak the GUI by moving stuff around, etc. Maybe they should learn from Opera's mistakes because uniquely different browsers are actually a necessity, but it's probably cheaper for them to just compile their own Chrome-clone.

Perhaps the DownThemAll developer could go from making it an add-on to a separate program altogether that can be installed with no need for Firefox.

Mozilla will be moving the interface from XUL and XBL to CSS and then optimizing. It's a logical move as XUL is outdated, archaic, and difficult to learn to use, in addition to not being a web standard. Whether or not the new CSS ui will have similar functionality to XUL is undetermined. There's been a decent bit of discussion about it on MozillaZine but truth be told, things do look grim for Firefox.

Some additional reading:

Firefox Addon Changes: https://billmccloskey.wordpress.com/2015/08/21/firefox-add-on-changes/

Hooray for webextensions: http://robert.ocallahan.org/2015/08/hooray-for-webextensions.html

I've not used DTA for years so not that bothered. Then I read "Gone will be add-ons that e.g. let you change major bits about the Firefox user interface". And I swore. Out loud. No more Classic Theme Restorer??? B***** it :angry:

firefox 40.0.3

whats new:

• Disable the asynchronous plugin initialization (1198590)

• Fixed

Fix a segmentation fault in the GStreamer support (GNU/Linux) (1145230)

• Fixed

Fix a startup crash when using DisplayLink (Windows Only) (1195844)

• Fixed

Fix a regression with some Japanese fonts used in the <input> field (1194055)

• Fixed

On some sites, the selection in a select combox box using the mouse could be broken (1194733)

• Fixed

Some search partner codes were missing (1195683)

• Fixed

Various security fixes

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators

That article is interesting hazelnut. The section about marketshare really caught my eye. I've thought for a while that firefox needed to do something about its mobile browser. Its awful.

With chrome I get pretty much the same experience on every device I use. Everything syncs, and I can start reading where I left off no matter what device I'm transitioning too. I liked firefox a few years ago but the convenience of chrome really drove me away from it. I however do worry that their numbers are looking so bad. I feel like they really missed the boat. 

On the same vain, the new Edge browser has 0 representation on mobile. It was pretty much a nonstarter when I installed windows 10. There is no way I'm going to use IE when you cant sync your stuff to all your devices. 

• Moderators

FF without extensions

Firefox without the very small handful of extensions I use in it will equal me abandoning the browser altogether.

Since Firefox is going to be even more Chrome-like as another Chrome-Clone it's probably time for people to start getting used to a Chromium/Chrome browser NOW even if only in small daily doses, because the transition for some of those who are diehard Firefox users may have a rough time trying to get used to Chromium/Chrome and its lack of customization.

• Moderators

Mozilla says hacker compromised Bugzilla

http://venturebeat.com/2015/09/04/mozilla-says-hacker-compromised-bugzilla-and-used-stolen-security-sensitive-info-to-attack-firefox-users/

In short, a hacker compromised the service, stole security-sensitive information, and used it to attack Firefox users.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• 3 weeks later...

Firefox 41.0

September 22, 2015

What’s New
  • New

Enhance IME support on Windows (Vista +) using TSF (Text Services Framework)

• New

Ability to set a profile picture for your Firefox Account

• New

Firefox Hello now includes instant messaging

• New

SVG images can be used as favicons

• New

Improved box-shadow rendering performance

• Changed

WebRTC now requires perfect forward secrecy

• Changed

WARP is disabled on Windows 7

• Changed

Updates to image decoding process

• Changed

Support for running animations of 'transform' and 'opacity' on the compositor thread

• HTML5

MessageChannel and MessagePort API enabled by default

• HTML5

Added support for the transform-origin property on SVG elements

• HTML5

CSS Font Loading API enabled by default

• HTML5

Navigator.onLine now varies with actual internet connectivity (Windows and Mac OS X only)

• HTML5

Copy/Cut Web content from JavaScript to the OS clipboard with document.execCommand("cut"/"copy")

• HTML5

Implemented Cache API for querying named caches that are accessible Window, Worker, and ServiceWorker

• Developer

Removed support for binary XPCOM components in extensions, use addon SDK "system/child_process" pipe mechanism for native binaries instead

• Developer

Network requests can be exported in HAR format

• Developer

Quickly add new CSS rule with New Rule button in the Inspector

• Developer

Screenshot a node or element from markup view with the Screenshot Node context menu item

• Developer

Copy element CSS rule declarations with the Copy Rule Declaration context menu item in the Inspector

• Developer

Pseudo-Class panel in the Inspector

• Fixed

Picture element does not react to resize/viewport changes

• Fixed

Various security fixes

v41.0.1 is out now

release note is not yet available

v41.0.1 is out now

release note is not yet available

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/41.0.1/releasenotes/

Hoping the flash hanging bugfix works, Firefox has been a nightmare for locking up on flash pages since the last release (anyone else remember when the plugin container process was first introduced to supposedly stop plugins bringing down the browser? That's worked well hasn't it :rolleyes: )

They're right, FF without extensions is kind of like IE.

i have firefox chosen because, were prevented ads by Adblock Plus and I could surf faster with the former analog connection (54 kb).

Firefox 41.0.2

15. Oktober, 2015

What’s New

• 4 weeks later...

Firefox 42.0

03. November 2015

What’s New
  • New

Private Browsing with Tracking Protection blocks certain Web elements that could be used to record your behavior across sites

• New

Control Center that contains site security and privacy controls

• New

Indicator added to tabs that play audio with one-click muting

• New

WebRTC improvements:

• IPV6 support
    • Preferences for controlling ICE candidate generation and IP exposure
    • Hooks for extensions to allow/deny createOffer/Answer
    • Improved ability for applications to monitor and control which devices are used in getUserMedia
  • New

Login Manager improvements:

• Improved heuristics to save usernames and passwords
    • Edit and show all logins in line, Copy/Paste usernames/passwords from the Context menu
    • Migration imports your passwords to Firefox from Google Chrome for Windows and Internet Explorer; import anytime from the Login Manager
  • Changed

Improved performance on interactive websites that trigger a lot of restyles

• HTML5

Implemented ES6 Reflect

• HTML5

Support ImageBitmap and createImageBitmap()

• HTML5

Media Source Extension for HTML5 video available for all sites

• Developer

View HTML source in a tab

• Developer

Remote website debugging over WiFi (no USB cable or ADB needed)

• Developer

Asynchronous call stacks now allow web developers to follow the code flow through setTimeout, DOM event handlers, and Promise handlers.

• Developer

Configurable Firefox OS Simulator in WebIDE, to simulate reference devices like phones, tablets, even TVs

• Developer

CSS filter presets in the Inspector

• Developer

Ability to save filter presets inside CSS Filter Tooltip

• Fixed

Various security fixes

Known Issues
  • unresolved

URLs containing a Unicode-format Internationalized Domain Name (IDN) are not redirected properly, leading to a Server Not Found error.