Defraggler thinks my raid 0 SSD is a Hard Drive

XavvyJ

I have 2 SSDs in RAID 0 and it's currently my C: drive. Using defragler it marks it as HDD, which is incorrect.

5H20sj6.png

Heres the correct detection on my Windows 8 Defrag option. Note how it says Solid State.

gNfjJiB.png

I don't want to risk ruining my SSD setup. Any reason why it's doing this and a possible solution?

you can deactivate the automatic optimation for your ssd... there is no more speed and an unnecessary load on the storage cells.

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

raid-0 is a bit risky ... more in use as Windows boot partition

are you sure that the greater speed is better than data security? (only my personal opinion) :unsure::)

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• 2 weeks later...

raid-0 is a bit risky ... more in use as Windows boot partition

are you sure that the greater speed is better than data security? (only my personal opinion) :unsure::)

Sorry for the late reply,

It is indeed, however I have a backup HDD with an OS installed (Drive D:). I've never said that speed was better than security. In the event that there is a RAID failure nothing is lost, as I'm simply using the C Drive for booting and loading applications. All my important files are on the D drive. Also to answer your previous comment, there is in fact a way to optimize SSD speed, via TRIMming. I've noticed improved speeds using the Windows defrag and was wondering if this was an option through defraggler. Unfortunately it seems like there isn't a way to do so..

there is in fact a way to optimize SSD speed, via TRIMming

yes, with the type of connection of the hard disk (ssd) to the motherboard (ahci)

I've noticed improved speeds using the Windows defrag and was wondering if this was an option through defraggler

theoretically should not really speed profits arising... :wacko:

I've never said that speed was better than security

--> you have right, but raid 0 is more speed against security, if one ssd is gone, ... very bad

also you could disable the services "SuperFetch"  and "Search" ... :)

I've noticed improved speeds using the Windows defrag and was wondering if this was an option through defraggler. Unfortunately it seems like there isn't a way to do so..

you may like to make a suggestion in to subforum "defraggler suggestions" :)