Boot Time Defrag

pencilog

• Moderators

Because the portable version is meant to be installed on a drive that doesn't normally get mounted during boot it would be impossible for a portable Defraggler to run at boot time. I assume (this is untested) that if you delete portable.dat then the option would not be greyed the next time you start the program. However I don't suggest doing this if Defraggler is install on a drive that is not mounted at boot as (and this is an educated guess) it may place your computer in a unfixable (or at least hard to fix) stalling boot loop.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Old thread but I just set up Defraggler Portable and spent time trying to set up the .ini file options to no purpose.  It would be efficasciou if it were noted in the help that those who want Boot Time Defrag should use the installer version.

The other thing I noticed was that a "Quick Defrag" would probably run for 6 hours if I let it.  I'd hate to see how long the slow defrag would take.

Anyway, I did get the Boot Time Defrag of C:.  It only took a few seconds since I have the page file configured so that it cannot be fragmented.  I was just curious.  :)