suggested sites

hangdawg

hi i use ccleaner daily and i have suggested sites turned off in ie 9 but i kep getting the suggested sites back until theres several suggested sites what ive heard is it somehow repairs itself after cleaning does anybody know how to completly remove it thanks

hi thanks to both of you ive tried all that in that past doesn't work ive just kinda got acustom to deleting them i site i found says the file gets broken so windows repairs it heres a pic of many suggested sites on taskbar http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/834/snap20110520134705002.png/ as you can see the check box is empty ccleaner cleans something to good i guess and ie 9 rebuilds it i sometimes use ccleaner 3 or4 times so after awhile i get a slew of suggested sites on bar just wndering if anybody had a fix for this thanks

hi i use ccleaner daily and i have suggested sites turned off in ie 9 but i kep getting the suggested sites back until theres several suggested sites what ive heard is it somehow repairs itself after cleaning does anybody know how to completly remove it thanks

Go to User's Favorites>Favorites Bar.

Make sure Suggested Sites and Web Slice Gallery url's are there.

Delete all the Suggested Sites that have numbers at the end.

For example: Suggested Sites (1) etc.

Open Registry Editor

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Suggested Sites

On the pane double click on 'SlicePath' String Value. If value is not present then create one there.

Change the Value data with the path listed here.

C:\Users\User\Favorites\Links\Suggested Sites.url

Where 'User' is User profile name.

This will fix the issue you are having.

One more thing that I forgot to add in my previous reply.

Unhide hidden files and folders first. Then go to the location listed here and delete all the .feed-ms files except 'Suggested Sites~.feed-ms' and 'Web Slice Gallery~.feed-ms'.

AppData\Local\Microsoft\Feeds\{5588ACFD-6436-411B-A5CE-666AE6A92D3D}~\WebSlices~

thanks i went and deleted HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Suggested Sites and the feed folder in app data but after closing reg edit and app data they both re-appeared again i just excluded HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.feedsdb-ms in ccleaner that seemed to do the trick and i excluded it in advanced system care

in fact it showed another key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorekeyr\suggested sites and also under hkey user i would like to add these also to the excluded list but not having much luck thanks

it seems you have to manualy type in the key i wish after wanting to exclude a key it would open up registry editor then by clicking the key then hit a add button it would add it to the exclusions im not much of a typer and if your off by 1 letter or space by typing manually it wouldnt add it

thanks i went and deleted HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Suggested Sites and the feed folder in app data but after closing reg edit and app data they both re-appeared again i just excluded HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.feedsdb-ms in ccleaner that seemed to do the trick and i excluded it in advanced system care

in fact it showed another key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorekeyr\suggested sites and also under hkey user i would like to add these also to the excluded list but not having much luck thanks

I didn't ask you to delete the reg key. You need to add String value if it is not there. Pls read my first 2 replies carefully.

I am repeating the whole process here.

STEP 1

Go to User's Favorites>Favorites Bar.

Make sure Suggested Sites and Web Slice Gallery url's are there.

Delete all the Suggested Sites that have numbers at the end.

For example: Suggested Sites (1) etc.

STEP2

Unhide hidden files and folders.

Go to: AppData\Local\Microsoft\Feeds\{5588ACFD-6436-411B-A5CE-666AE6A92D3D}~\WebSlices~

Delete all the .feed-ms files except 'Suggested Sites~.feed-ms' and 'Web Slice Gallery~.feed-ms'.

STEP3

Open Registry Editor

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Suggested Sites

On the pane double click on 'SlicePath' String Value. If value is not present then create one there.

Change the Value data with the path listed here.

C:\Users\User\Favorites\Links\Suggested Sites.url

Where 'User' is User profile name.

This will fix the issue you are having.