BB3 auto file HKCR

susa320

Does anyone know what the Unused File Extension .BB3 - bb3_auto_file is and what program may be creating it? And Re-creating it?

It comes up as registry key HKCR\.BB3....I delete it and it comes back.

Thanks In Advance

download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here instead, its far better. Will let Hazel take over again, just had to include that suggestion :)

I did find some old Symantec left overs that may have taken care of it. It hasn't come back yet. We'll see.

Ahhh forgot about mbam....had that on here before; recently reformatted. Thanks, I will run that also. Thanks for the suggestion, Great Idea! :)

• Moderators

When you said you found some old symantec leftovers, did you manage to get rid of them all?

If you feel that you may need advice or assistance regarding any possible virus/malware, don't forget to follow Rorschach112's malware thread here

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=20120

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

You can also use Windows search function to look for: *.BB3

If you open any folders that contain files without a program registered to them Windows can add them into the registry. Maybe malware related and maybe not, and the only way to find out is to follow the previous advice of looking at the malware prevention thread.

Thanks for all the help, you guys are great.

It hasn't came back as of yet. Rebooted couple times and not there....so I'm thinking it may have been from Symantec/Norton.

I did just do a system recovery yesterday, so machine should be clean. I wasn't thinking when I let HP add Norton. so had to remove it. I get McAfee free with ATT. MBAM is a great back up tho.

Pretty sure I got all of Norton off now. Norton Removal tool never works right...LOL...Did advanced search and can't find it anymore.

I'm worried about something too, did have to go without for a few minutes downloading McAfee off ATT.

Odd little name there...bb3_auto_file under HKCR classes. Checking McAfee news there are alot of virus with that in the name,

Rorschach112 ~ I downloaded the links in your post and will run them, I'll let you guys know if anything comes up.

Thanks Again Everyone ~ Susa

MBAM came back clean, but when runnung the comedian, Adaware removed a Win32trojanQhost. The others seem normal to me, but I'm not sure. BB3 is still gone this morning.

I ran these last night, now I don't see the OTL Extras Log?so am I gonna have to run it again?

Please Let me know if I need to run again. The OTL is too long, so here's the MBAM if that helps, without the others.

Looks like I'll have to run Rooter as Administrator.

Gotta run to work right now.

Thanks ~ Susan

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.38

Database version: 2419

Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2

7/13/2009 9:27:06 PM

mbam-log-2009-07-13 (21-27-06).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan

Objects scanned: 75325

Time elapsed: 3 minute(s), 37 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0