Piriform Apps Dropped from Ninite - by Piriform's Request

CTskifreak

• Moderators

So am I CTskfreak.

One comment on there which drew my attention was the fact that IF it was because of the toolbar, people who use Ninite are the kind of people who wouldn't install the toolbars anyway, That is so true.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

As the title says. What's up with that?

I've introduced many people to Piriform's apps over the last year via Ninite. These people love how easy Ninite makes installation and updates -- and they all HATE toolbars and other CRAP programs try to load.

Now that Piriform's apps are history, anyone have suggested replacements? I'd prefer something already supported in Ninite, or Ninite could be convinced to support.

• Moderators

Now that Piriform's apps are history,

I think that remark is a bit over the top. The people who use Ninite are not your average user don't forget, and the apps are still available via the Piriform website. You can always download the slim versions or just decline the toolbar.

I doubt this forum will start listing suggestions for replacements for its own products

As there is already an ongoing topic about this I will move this.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I have been a long time fan of CCleaner and recommend it frequently. I am also the coordinator of an education program that teaches computers to seniors. I also recommend our students use ninite.com as a simple way to get excellent programs and have them installed without the massive experience required by directly installing them.

Not having CCleaner (and the other piriform) program available through ninite.com is a real dis-service to our students (as well as the rest of us). I implore piriform and ninite to resolve their issues and add the piriform programs back on ninite.

It is really as shame to see two excellent programs/services not cooperate.

Larry Weber

Hi,

We like the Ninite product for it's simple use to update and install products. Unfortunately they're selling it as a Pro version, so are making money from our free products. However we're chatting with them to come up with a solution.

:)

MrG

Suggestion:

-Allow piriform products for free in the free ninite version and pro versions only in the pro version (I assume your pro products require introducing an activation key).

I'm confused however I always assumed ninite pro was just a more complete way to update software/freeware with more features.

If both versions allow downloading the same stuff that is freeware they are still just making a download from your website directly (as far as I understand it its the same as any user going to your website and downloading it) or not!?

I teach computers at a community center in California to seniors and immigrants who have never used computers before. I've introduced your product to hundreds of these students through Ninite over the last year. The simplicity that Ninite offers in installing you product to these first-timers is what made it so successful in my class.

I saw "lbweber" up there has a similar situation. Obviously there is a whole market out there who would otherwise never use your product that you just fail to understand. Unfortunately I will have to drop your product and support whatever takes your place next on Ninite.

Good luck

Amazingly short-sighted decision making. A service like ninite, (whether the free or the paid version) is simply helping to spread the use of your program, and therefore your brand-name because the people who use ninite can get the program on their (Or their customer's) computer quickly and easliy, without having to go to several websites when they're getting a system configured for use.

I can't help but think that Piriform's decision on this is just Dumb - Dumb - Dumb...but that's just my opinion :o)

I also teach Seniors (which I am one myself) as a Volunteer at an aged care home + am involved in Australia's Broadband for Seniors Federal Government Program ( again as a volunteer) however I do not use Ninite.

I prefer to teach (perhaps some might say the long way) my students to install software (free or otherwise) direct from the providers web site.

As Mr. G has told all what has really happened and Piriform are attempting to factor a solution for all, how about we now all remember something my Father taught me "before putting mouth into gear, put brain into gear". What a shame someone did not ask Mr. G for his valuable input from day one.

Hang in there folks, at the end of the day Piriform will do it's best for all concerned.......thanks Piriform keep up the good work.

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

And that basically covers your intellect as well. Have fun living life. I'll never see you again. Buh bye.

Haha, very much agreed. It's funny how they all make an account just to leave a complaint post, but don't actually understand what's going on from Piriform's side.