Run Cleaner for all Users defined on one computer

mgpmul

I have several users (kids!) defined on one Windows computer. As a user with administrative rights, I'd like to be able to run CCleaner for all users at once.

At this moment (using version v3.20.1750), I need to switch to all users, one by one, and run CCleaner for each of them.

• Moderators

This feature is available in the Paid Pro version

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 2 weeks later...

Nergal, that's interesting!

Are there any limitations to what kinds of accounts it will clean?

_____

Example: Password protected, all users, default, default user, public, guest, or network accounts?

I'm interested because when you create normal user accounts, Windows creates all users/default/default user/public, & even guest & network accounts on some.

Additionally, does it clean limited accounts?

(Sorry for all the questions, just want to get a feel for what is cleaned.)

_____

* I am interested for multiple reasons. Rootkits use hidden default user accounts to continually download data. Being able to clean these before repairing malware will substantially cut scan times & reduce fragmentation. Of course, this would have to be offline & a user would have to be very knowledgeable about that they do, but that is no problem for me.

Some rootkits download so many thousands of files on a high speed connection, that by the time I am brought the pc, it is all but impossible to fix without clearing these hidden accounts first due to having so many tens of thousands of tiny cookies, internet pages, files to scan through before repairing.

:) Hopefully, you can help with my questions!

• Moderators

As I'm sure you know Super, but perhaps others don't, it is a good idea to check first when you are infected to see if the virus/rootkit/malware has hidden your start menu or user documents. The place usually chosen to hide them by the nasty is in temp files so once you use ccleaner to delete the temp files your start menu/user docs etc can be gone forever.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Thank you, Hazel! Yes, I know about those. Of course, thank you for posting so that others users are aware as well.

I hate when I get computers that malware hides things, lol! But it is better than having malware that deleted the files!

At least it makes recovery easier!

* Edit: And if you, Nergal, or anyone knows which of the default users (if any) that it cleans, as well as if it cleans limited, guest, or password protected accounts, it would be really great to know! Guess I just love learning. :P

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have a solution. You choose to put the parameters c cleaner in the ccleaner. Ini you and edit it.

I choosed:

Include1=PATH|C:\Documents and Settings\Albatros\Application Data\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content\|*.*

Include2=PATH|C:\Documents and Settings\Albatros\Application Data\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData\|*.*

Include3=FILE|C:\Documents and Settings\Albatros\IETldCache\|index.dat

Include4=FILE|C:\Documents and Settings\Albatros\Local Settings\Application Data\|IconCache.db

Include5=FILE|C:\Documents and Settings\Albatros\Local Settings\|desktop.ini

Include6=FILE|C:\Documents and Settings\Albatros\PrivacIE\|index.dat

Include7=FILE|C:\Documents and Settings\Albatros\Recent\|Desktop.ini

Include8=FILE|C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\|desktop.ini

Include9=FILE|C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Cookies\|index.dat

Include10=FILE|C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\|desktop.ini

Warning, must respect the Patch-File order and alphabetically order in the following.

You can also edit from the interface of C Cleaner: (Options-Include)

Best Regards

R G

• 5 months later...
Include1=PATH|C:\Documents and Settings\Albatros\Application Data\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content\|*.*

Include2=PATH|C:\Documents and Settings\Albatros\Application Data\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData\|*.*

Include3=FILE|C:\Documents and Settings\Albatros\IETldCache\|index.dat

Include4=FILE|C:\Documents and Settings\Albatros\Local Settings\Application Data\|IconCache.db

Include5=FILE|C:\Documents and Settings\Albatros\Local Settings\|desktop.ini

Include6=FILE|C:\Documents and Settings\Albatros\PrivacIE\|index.dat

Include7=FILE|C:\Documents and Settings\Albatros\Recent\|Desktop.ini

Include8=FILE|C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\|desktop.ini

Include9=FILE|C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Cookies\|index.dat

Include10=FILE|C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\|desktop.ini

is it safe to clean?

I like to delete if there is somewhere to delete anything. :D

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• 10 months later...

I have several users (kids!) defined on one Windows computer. As a user with administrative rights, I'd like to be able to run CCleaner for all users at once.

At this moment (using version v3.20.1750), I need to switch to all users, one by one, and run CCleaner for each of them.

Yes that would be great, but when I try to run it on other user accounts it's no where to be found, it only shows up on the main user account.

• Moderators

The pro version can handle multiple or alternate user cleaning

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

• 2 months later...

How many passes should you run on the Drive wiper to free space? Is it safe? I just read you should save your files , but of course I didn't think about that. I hope I didn't erase anything!

Edited by Benzu2014

• Moderators

Please start a new thread. Your question is unrelated to this one.

• 7 months later...

Nergal, that's interesting!

Are there any limitations to what kinds of accounts it will clean?

_____

Example: Password protected, all users, default, default user, public, guest, or network accounts?

I'm interested because when you create normal user accounts, Windows creates all users/default/default user/public, & even guest & network accounts on some.

Additionally, does it clean limited accounts?

(Sorry for all the questions, just want to get a feel for what is cleaned.)

_____

* I am interested for multiple reasons. Rootkits use hidden default user accounts to continually download data. Being able to clean these before repairing malware will substantially cut scan times & reduce fragmentation. Of course, this would have to be offline & a user would have to be very knowledgeable about that they do, but that is no problem for me.

Some rootkits download so many thousands of files on a high speed connection, that by the time I am brought the pc, it is all but impossible to fix without clearing these hidden accounts first due to having so many tens of thousands of tiny cookies, internet pages, files to scan through before repairing.

:) Hopefully, you can help with my questions!

I WISH YOU COULD GET INTO MY COMPUTER AND HELP ME USE MY CC CLEANER,CAUSE IM SO AFRAID TO CHECK OFF ANYTHING FOR FEAR I WILL ERASE SOMETHING IM NOT SUPPOSED TO ERACE,ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW I CAN USE THIS CLEANER WITHOUT FEARING THE WORST? I HOPE YOU DONT MIND ME ASKING YOU,YOU SEEM TO KNOW YOUR COMPUTERS AND THATS WHY IM ASKING YOU ,THANK YOU :)

• Moderators

Firstly patty please stop posting using capital letters, it is considered to be shouting on a forum :)

Secondly, just go with the default ticks that are there when you install CCleaner.

Do not use the registry part of CCleaner, this should only be used by people who know what they are doing.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• 1 year later...

This feature is available in the Paid Pro version of the Jes Extender review at https://dudehung.com/my-jes-extender-review-and-results

Do you need the other users passwords and login details to scan the whole computer? Surely you can't scan other peoples stuff without their logins?

Although I hope you can as this computer is so slow and needs a clean up.

• 8 months later...

Do you need the other users passwords and login details to scan the whole computer? Surely you can't scan other peoples stuff without their logins?

Although I hope you can as this computer is so slow and needs a clean up.

An account with admin. priv. can see everything on a system.

Remember that Admin. can also set or change passwords, one of the reasons why Admin is Admin.

So yes, surely Admin. CAN SCAN other people's stuff without their logins!  No surprise there.

First of all allow me to say I don't know how I would maintain the various systems around the house without the very useful Piriform products.

I found this topic interesting! Here is what we do:

a) ALL users have been instructed to use CCleaner on their way out ... I,e. before logging off ... The CCleaner shortcut is in all Start menus.

B) As ADMIN I use Defraggler to clean-up left behind debris from various users while logged in "master mode"...

Defraggler is useful in ways other than defragging. It is a bit of an X-ray program, allowing a "master mode" user to see what all is lurking on the system.

Since temporary cache files are usually written in fragments it is easy to spot them.

Use the "Open Containing Folder" option under the Path that Defraggler displays after an analysis ... and have at it.

Once the containing folder is spotted and open you can Delete ALL or whatever.

c) I also remove files from that system that CCleaner does not tough, where warranted, using the method under B)

Viz. I find this very useful in removing deep deleted e-mail messages, which are still hanging around even though the e-mail app. shows empty Deleted folders [ All folders for all users show in Defraggler!].

Between Ccleaner and Dfraggler we stay lean and mean!