Undeleted File recovery from floppy? - Newbie

dubsimmer

I'm hoping to use Recuva to help a friend recover months and indeed years of work which he put into his family history program, Family Tree Maker. Using the FT Program, he backed up the data over 18 floppies. When he tried to later restore the data he found that 2 of the floppies appear to be damaged and he can't access his information. Could someone clarify:-

1. Can Recuva definitely be used to recover files from 3.5" floppies ? - (I've seen conflicting statements on this)

2. If so, is the correct approach to follow the procedure to scan for undeleted files, as described in the section here on recovering files from damaged or reformatted disks ?

I'm a complete newbie to Recuva, but would really like to help my buddy who has put a huge amount of work into this research and whose data is irreplaceable. Any help appreciated - Thanks!

• Moderators

Yes, recuva can be used on floppies. If the floppies are physically damaged then it is possible that Recuva (or any application) won't be able to read the data, so you will be out of luck. If Recuva does read the floppies then by all means use the various options to try to recover the data, deep scan, undeleted files, etc.

Yes, recuva can be used on floppies. If the floppies are physically damaged then it is possible that Recuva (or any application) won't be able to read the data, so you will be out of luck. If Recuva does read the floppies then by all means use the various options to try to recover the data, deep scan, undeleted files, etc.

Many thanks Augeas for your quick response. We'll give it a try and hopefully save my friend having to start his work again from scratch !

Regards,

dubsimmer

Dublin

Ireland