Broken Network Connection

mikeron

Whenever I run CCleaner v2.08.588 I get a broken Network Connection and the browser can?t access the Internet. After runing the program I always have to repair the Winsock LSP chain and reboot the computer in order to get access to the Internet again.

Windows XP SP3

All program options by default

Any help would be appreciated.

mikeron, welcome.

I never have had a connection problem with my Network Connection not working after running CCleaner on my WinME, XP Home nor Pro systems.

Who is your ISP?

How do you connect? DSL or cable or dial-up?

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

mikeron, welcome.

I never have had a connection problem with my Network Connection not working after running CCleaner on my WinME, XP Home nor Pro systems.

Who is your ISP?

How do you connect? DSL or cable or dial-up?

My ISP is Orange (Spain)

My connection type is DSL 6MB with a router

My antivirus Avira Premium adds an entry to the Winsock LSP chain for mail guard that also has to be restored after runing CCleaner.

Does somebody have a problem like this?

My antivirus Avira Premium adds an entry to the Winsock LSP chain for mail guard that also has to be restored after runing CCleaner.

I would not trust any application that adds an entry to the Winsock LSP chain because ALL of your data is capable of being captured and being used for bad purposes.

I use avast! Home Free and it checks incoming and outgoing email for me without the need to modify the Winsock LSP chain.

There is an avast Premium version that has more functions and I think I'll purchase it when I can afford it.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators

Mikeron I would post on the avira forums and give them a chance to sort this.

Avira uses a proxy when you have mail or web guard installed.

Perhaps you could check what your settings are first so you have the info ready to give them

Open Avira, do extras>configuration and tick expert mode.

Then do general>update>web server>proxy and see what is the setting there.

There is no way CCleaner should alter avira like this so it makes sense to ask avira if anything is wrong.

Let us know how you get on. :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Mikeron I would post on the avira forums and give them a chance to sort this.

Avira uses a proxy when you have mail or web guard installed.

Perhaps you could check what your settings are first so you have the info ready to give them

Open Avira, do extras>configuration and tick expert mode.

Then do general>update>web server>proxy and see what is the setting there.

There is no way CCleaner should alter avira like this so it makes sense to ask avira if anything is wrong.

Let us know how you get on. :)

Thanks for your reply. I just disable the Avira Mail Guard and CCleaner works fine again. After runing CCleaner the Winsock LSP chain was not broken. I don`t realize what is the relation between both applications, but I'am sure that CCleaner deletes something in my system that Avira Mail Guard use.

Any advise would be appreciated

Thanks in advance.